7 yrs ago myself, husband and son took out life insurance policies.14 mos ago I had to close my checking acct.

I called mutual of Omaha with the new routing number and acct number. They moved mine and my sons over but for some reason not my husbands, a yr later we get a letter stating that his life insurance is canceled. I called and was told that to reinstate it I need to pay close to 5k and that includes a 6.% interest and he needs to take a physical if he passes that they will reinstate. My argument is --- it was a mistake on their end not putting his threw, I have no problem paying the back payments but not with 6.6% interest and he should not have to take a physical either.

He is now sick and is uninsurable. I was wondering if anyone out there has come across this issue. I was also wondering did they purposes pick the oldest person policy (my husband) not to transfer to the new checking acct? You can only talk to customer representative no one higher up, this is so frustrating.

All that money we paid into his policy and their too bad for you attitude. I wish I never heard of this company.

If you are thinking of Life Insurance DO NOT GO WITH MUTUAL OF OMAHA.

This person wrote the review because of poor customer service of mutual of omaha life insurance policy from Mutual Of Omaha. Reviewer claimed that he or she wants Mutual Of Omaha to read this review and look into the issue (if any).

The most disappointing in user's experience was indifferent people. If you have a chance, please immediately contact him/ her to briefly discuss his/ her negative experience with the company.

We collected other reviews about products and/or services offered by Mutual Of Omaha for you to read. This information may help you with your purchase decision.

Had an Experience with Mutual Of Omaha?

Comments

Gouldbusk, Texas, United States #1113628

They randomly cancelled my policy after nearly 20 years.Their reason?

I was not paying a high enough premium. They pulled the premium from my account every month with not a single payment missed.

I called within 5 days of noticing that they did not draft 01/16 payment and was told that I would have to take a physical to apply for reinstatement.Yes, they are a *** company in my opinion.