Brenda L Kzd

Coverage Questions

My mom has lost her dental insurance policy and her insurance card so I can't get a preauthorization for dental work she needs to have done. Every Mutual of Omaha number I call I can't talk to a real person. I've been trying for a couple of days now.

Preferred solution: A copy of my mom's dental policy and a new insurance card for her.

Therese F Qnl

Verified Reviewer

Terrible customer service. LTD customer service nightmare.

To explain the depth of this problem you will need to know the details, in my opinion. Unfortunately that might be rather lengthy as it covers a period of 8 month of terrible lack of communication, a terrible unwilling to communication information in a timely manner etc.

Lack of any kind of curtsey since the mistake was Mutual of Omaha lack of communication that has caused this problem.

My husband went out suddenly the 3rd of August. His company went into action and filed his STD. I had the most professional customer service rep. Had a little compassion and used a tad of common sense.

I thought she was great.

No diagnosis by November so we go to LTD. This customer service rep was a different story. Says she tried to call Robert on Oct. 25.

If she would have reviewed his file she would have seen he was having some memory issues and that there was paperwork on file from STD giving them permission to talk with me. When I brought that to her attention she was rude and demanded a new form which I got and sent to her ASAP.

I eventually had to get with Ms. Billips supervisor, Jeremy Jackson to see if he had been approved because I could not get in touch with Billips.

Billips sent paperwork to Robert supposedly dated Oct. 25, 2023.

This paperwork was received at our house the first week of December. This paperwork was to prepare us for the "transition from STD to LTD" according to the letter. In it if other income was being received I had to report it. I called Billips immediately.

I provided her with a copy of Robert's letter from SS with benefit amount as requested, immediately. Well she apparently does nothing with the info immediately because it was not fixed a month later.

It wasn't until the first week or so in February when she gets back in touch to tell me about the repayment of STD. What, I never received anything telling me this about STD like I did about LTD. How is this possible?

I know nothing of the repayment of a short term policy from August, Sept.

and Oct until February?

One day Billins says the amount is $7,000. The next day she changes it to $8,0??.

Billins then she asks how much you want us to take out of your check monthly for the repayment. She said to take a couple of days to think about it.

Unfortunately, due to the sickness and not making his usual salary, we filed bankruptcy. One of the rules is to let the lawyer know of any new payments beforehand.

which is what I told Billins. No tricks, just honest conversation. Meanwhile I get a letter from a Ryan in claims management stating they were turning me over to collections. I called and emailed Ryan to hear the response of no we aren't turning you over right now, we are trying to work with you.

I told him I had given Ms Billins an amount I felt comfortable with about 2 weeks prior. I asked him who I would call to get the amount finalized. He said he wasn't sure to call Jackson. Found this funny at one point I stated well you management or at least its states that on the letter you sent.

His response kills me "No I am not management" well what is your title Ryan. "I am just a manager" Seriously?

Its then I get back with Jackson who knows nothing but Then looks up on the computer that it has been dteremined by someone that they will take $1000 a month out of Robert's check and told me that was dated Feb. 3. So why is Billins calling on the 6th of Feb.

asking me what I was comfortable paying back a month? Jackson also promises to call me when he learns what was going to happen from there. Beg him to give me enough notice if they were going to withhold payment.

He never called. I had to call him/email on March 5/6 to get an answer.

When I did hear from him it was after normal business hours and by email. You should be receiving a letter from a Sammie Smith, dated Feb. 20.

As of today's date that letter has never been received. I emailed jackson back asking from him to email me a copy.

He responded I will drop another copy in the mail. Seriously why send a copy that you know from our past conversations will take over 2 weeks to get to me. I literally had to insisted a copy be emailed to me.

I get the letter and now they are going with hold the whole checks for months and I get a dont call me I will call you letter from Sammie, along with a statement giving the next check up date on Robert to see if he does still qualify for LTD.

THis has been a totaled nightmare. Stories change, amounts have changed, ways of repayment have changed.

I am terribly upset.

Have I let Billins and Jackson know? yes I have. Did I let Ryan know, yes I did.

There was a mistake made. It is obvious.

Someone dropped the ball and Billins and Jackson have dropped the ball repeatedly.

I really find it hard to believe people who knows there was a mistake made on their end not try to be a little more accommodating and yes an "I am so sorry this has happened lets see what we can do to fix this."

I feel ever more threatened by the emails of repayment and evading to that fact that they think his case will be dropped in May.

I never said I am not going to pay I just am highly upset that it has gotten to this. I responded to everything in a timely manner listening to what was being told to me by Billins, Jackson and Ryan(can't remember his last name). No one has tried, Billins only response about me not knowing is well you don't have to be so short with me. Not I am so sorry Ms Fulford, lets see what we can do at this point.

Nothing from Jackson who is suppose to be a team lead. Now, a letter like this from Sammie Smith is terrifying I feel truly threatened.

There was no customer service received after I left the STD side of things.

Loss:
Cons:
  • No customer service or care

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: run away

Guest

It sounds like you are holding the LTD people responsible for something the STD people and “great” rep messed up.

ROSIE F Lwk

MOH AGENT DID NOT DISCLOSE A TWO- YEAR WAITING PERIOD. MY FAMILY PAID THE PRICE, LITERALLY.,

Updated by user Feb 28, 2024

EMOTIONAL DISTRESS,SLEEP APNEA, DISTRUST, FINANCIAL DISTRESS HAVING O SAVE ẞLL I CAN ON SOCIAL SECURITY, FOR FUTURE OCCURRENCE, DISBELIEF, EMPATHY FOR OTHERS OR WILL BECOME SUBJECTED TO SUCH INJUSTICE..BY MUTUAL OF OMAHA AND OTHER BIG COMPANIES, WHO HAVE NO CONCEIVABLE...

Original review Feb 28, 2024
****LET ME TELL A STORY*****
IF YOU CAN'T BELIEVE IT, ITS TRUE AND I HAVE THE PROOF..
MY AGENT SAID NO, THEY WILL PAY ON A WHOLE LIFE POLICY, AFTER I LOST MY OLDEST SON.. I WAS DEVASTATED AFTER TELLING THE NEW AGENT..
THAT SELDOM ARE, AFRICAN AMERICANS, EVER PAID A LUMP SUM OF MONEY IN A CLAIM, AND NOT MUCH ELSE...

FROM MOST INSURANCE COMPANIES THOUGH IT WAS ONLY $5,000..
I HAD SEEN THEIR MUTUAL OF OMAHA'S CUSTOMER REVIEWS AND I TOLD HIM THEY HAD 138 BAD REVIEWS FOR NOT PAYING CUSTOMERS..ON A WHOLE LIFE POLICY..HE STILL STOOD FIRM. OH THEY WILL PAY.
-ONE WEEK, TWO WEEKS, THREE WEEKS , NOW HE SAYS, HE COULDN'T EXPLAIN IT... BUT I TOLD HIM SO. CAUSE THAT'S JUST THE WAY WE AS AFRICAN AMERICAN GO THROUGH..
NOW THE FUNERAL PEOPLE ARE NEEDING MONEY...

THIS WAS THE FIRST TIME I HAD TO PLAN A FUNERAL AND IT WAS MY OLDEST SON...
-I HAD TO BORROW MONEY...
-NO FAMILY
- HIS BROTHER HAD A STROKE A MONTH LATER..,
THEY, DEMANDED ALL MEDICAL RECORDS, AND WHETHER HE SMOKED MARIJUANA, THOUGH LEGAL (AND ONLY TO DEAL WITH SEVERE PAIN.) BECAUSE HIS DOCTORS DENIED HIM PAIN RELIEF. MUTUAL OF OMAHA CLAIMS Was, HE DIDN'T DIVULGE IT. MY SON NEVER SIGNED A POLICY. I DID, SOLD TO ME OVER THE PHONE BY THEIR AGENT...WHOM, I MAY ADD, THEY SAY IS NO LONGER WRITING POLICIES.

HE NEVER CALLED ME AGAIN AFTER MY SON PASSED, TO THIS DAY...
ALL I CAN SAY IS, I CAN'T FORGET NO MATTER HOW HARD I TRY..
I TRIED TO NOT WRITE THIS REVIEW. BUT I NEED TO RELEASE THE EMOTIONS, THEN I CAN MOVE ON... IT'S BEEN 21 MONTHS... I MUST LET IT GO, TO HEAL...NOT FOR MUTUAL OF OMAHA, BUT FOR ME.
BUT NEVER WILL I FORGET
IT DIDN'T HAVE TO BE THAT WAY.
FEW MONTHS PASS, I GET A SMALL $200.00 CHECK FOR MY TIME.
I NO LONGER TRUST INSURANCE COMPANIES BECAUSE OF:
THIS GREAT COMPANY CALLED:
****MUTUAL OF OMAHA***
I COULD GO ON, BUT IM NOT BITTER, HURT STILL, IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN A COMFORT IN OUR TIME OF NEED.

IT CREATED A EXTRA BURDEN TO THIS DAY, WHEN I HEAR A COMMERCIAL, LIKE NOW, I AM SADDENED TO TEARS, STILL.
THANK YOU.. ***MUTUAL OF OMAHA****
GOD HAS BROUGHT ME THROUGH.

I AM GRATEFUL HE IS BLESSING MY FAMILY AND MY SON.,
I PRAY I WON'T NEED INSURANCE COMPANIES AGAIN.. CAN'T TRUST, GOD WILL KEEP BRINGING ME THROUGH..
RESPECTFULLY SUBMITTED..
YOU REMEMBER WHO I AM, IM SURE, OR MAYBE NOT, AFTER ALL, THERE ARE SO MANY OF US OUT HERE HURTING FROM THE SAME PAIN CAUSED BY INSURANCE FRAUD AND DECEIT...
Cc: NON DIGITAL FILE PASTOR WHITHERS
Loss:
Cons:
  • Many

Preferred solution: Apology

User's recommendation: STOP THE MADNESS, PAY ME WHAT YOU OWE ME AND SET AN EXMPLE

Guest

The fact that the agent said your son did not disclose the marijuana use and your response was “he didn’t sign the policy I did” clearly shows a concerted effort to falsify facts as stated on the policy.

Guest

If the marijuana usage was not divulged on the application, they will not pay. If it was used after the policy was in effect, ONLY, they have an obligation to pay in most cases. It is hard to determine from your post since there is no timeline from date of policy and date of diagnosis onward.

View more comments (1)
Leiani Kya

| map-marker Chicago, Illinois

Always pleasant efficient to talk to and getting the what I need done

Nothing else needed two letters always Pleasant to talk to efficient and know their job and get my request out as quickly as possible friendly professional pleasant to talk to
Michele N Oze

Verified Reviewer

Unauthorized money taken out of my bank account

I had a 20 year TERM policy with the company and authorized electronic payment of $80.10 a month for that policy. Paid every month for 20 years.

The term policy ended in October 2023. Without any authorization from me Mutual of Omaha decided it had authority to extend my 20 year term policy and remove $629.23 on 11/6/23,

$629.23 on 12/4/23 and $629.23 on 1/4/24 from my bank account. We were out of town and had not realized these charges. We had to close our bank account to stop the charges.

We called and they claim they have the right to charge my account a new premium and extend my term policy BOTH WITHOUT MY AUTHORIZATION.

If I did not authorize them to remove this money from my account it is THEFT. They are saying they will not refund all my money.

It has been over 30 days and no refund. I have also requested a copy of my policy which they say will be sent in 10 days.

Preferred solution: Full refund

User's recommendation: Beware giving bank info!!

Ilse Obv

Verified Reviewer

Customer service number for Supplement plan client

No where is the Customer service number for clients with Supplement Plans. Failed to provide a number is poor customer service.
Jamie C Jly

| map-marker Hopewell Junction, New York

Bad customer service

I made payments every month it takes 3 weeks to process payments when I cancelled I should have received a refund for 317 dollars I received a check for 41 dollars been lied to by company I am so pissed mad about this

User's recommendation: Not a good company lied every time I called

map-marker Kellogg, Iowa

Premium being deducted from my checking account and I can't find that I've ever received a policy. my policy

I'm unable to locate my mom's dental insurance policy with her coverages and she has no insurance card. I need a copy of her insurance policy because she is having issues with her dentures. She has pain trying to eat. Call me at 641-990-****.
Robert G Grh

Would like to review my policy

Would like to review my policy with you would like to review my policy with you would like to review my policy I have with you would like to review deposit I have with you would like to review the policy I have what you would like to review the policy I have with you would like to review the policy I have with you would like to review the policy I have with you
Robert G Grh

Review my policy

Send me a copy of my policy send me a copy of my policy send me a copy of my policy send me a copy of my policy send me a copy of my policy and may I speak to someone send me a copy of my policy send me a copy of my policy send me a copy of my policy send me a copy of my policy send me a copy of my policy
Champion Dnw
map-marker West Linn, Oregon

Rude, disrespectful and pushy customer service agents.

Since Mutual of Omaha did not seem to care enough to respond, we will not be using them. This is nt the first time I've heard that the agents who work on commission can be pushy.

User's recommendation: Would not recommend

Annette B Ymx

Verified Reviewer

Urgently need info regarding grace period this is...

Urgently need info regarding grace period this is in reference to my interest payment which was due today
Yasmeen Fiu

| map-marker Torrington, Wyoming

Trouble login

Every time I go to login it will not let me, I get locked out and have to call customer service to get in.

Insurance Expert Talks

Exposed: Types of Insurance Scams and Fails

Mar 7, 2021

The insurance fraud: What is insurance fraud? What are the worst cases? How insurance fraud is discovered? How to protect yourself from an insurance scam? In this video, Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney, exposes the most common insurance fraud examples.

Read full article
Charles
Charles

Charles R. Gallagher, an attorney and managing partner with Gallagher & Associates. His practice focuses on insurance litigation, foreclosure defense and consumer law.

Joani Cia

| map-marker Pleasant Hill, Missouri

About my short term leave

This is messed up I pay my Insurance and I have to go threw this, my bills are pilings up and still no hear from you guys.
map-marker Denville, New Jersey

Access denied

I couldnt log in to make a change to my account and will have to call them on Monday. It was tedious trying several times

User's recommendation: If it happens you just have to call during business hours

map-marker Rocky Mount, North Carolina

To cancel a Medicare Supplement policy that does not fit my needs.

Received letter from MOO yesterday was denied because I take too many meds and I didnt apply during open season. We r held hostage by insurance companies!

User's recommendation: Don’t even bother

Brands Related to Mutual Of Omaha

United World Life Insuran... reviews and complaints

United World Life Insuran...

Midtown Crossing reviews and complaints

Midtown Crossing

Mutual Insurance of Omaha reviews and complaints

Mutual Insurance of Omaha

0 Reviews

Why Trust Reviews on PissedConsumer?

• Professional auto and live moderation
  • 100% user-generated content
  • Equal opportunity and protection
  • Zero tolerance for fake reviews
  • Verified content
  • PissedConsumer is on the Inc. 5000 list

For more information read Blog article