Harlan, Iowa
7K views

I have had a Mutual of Omaha Cancer Policy since 2005.In the past year and a half I have been diagnosed with breast cancer, first on one side and then 6 months later on the other side.

The cancer insurance I pay $200 for each year, only paid $800 total for the first side that included biopsies, lumpectomy, and radiation. Now I am onto my second round of radiation after having biopsies and a lumpectomy, mind you for the other breast, and they don't want to pay. As if having breast cancer is only supposed to happen to a person once. They have the worst customer service and won't explain anything.

I have had to submit all doctors statements and coded paperwork on 3 occasions.I would recommend that everyone steer clear of anything having to do with Mutual of Omaha insurance.

Had an Experience with Mutual Of Omaha?

Comments

I have a cancer policy with All State but it is higher then this Mutual Of Omaha so I was thinking to change since the coverage was about the same. I am glad I read all the posts and will stick with what I have.

Waxahachie, Texas, United States #802789

I too, just received their application in the mail.Since cancer runs in the family, I decided it would be a good idea to buy it.

So glad I googled it and read all the negative comments!Thank you everybody!!!

I thought it was a good product until I started reading the posts.won't be renewing my policy.

hate that I'e already thrown money away.wish I wuld have know this sooner.

Iknow how you feel.My father had cancer coverage for many years.He passed in 2011 from cancer.I have sent in all the info they wanted,talked to them many times and emailed the head office many times.It is comeing up on 3 years and I still have not got any thing from them.Not even something saying that they were or were not going to pay up.Save you money don't but this stuff.

I just submitted my first claim for preventive care, a mammogram.$150.00 they paid $120.00 My policy said they will pay 100% of the preventive, that was not 100%.

I can deal with that, but know with all the problem everyone is having it makes me wonder if I need to go to AFLAC and Leave Mutual of Omaha.:?

to Sidney #787126

Don't do Aflac, same thing.I think people are better off finding a financial advisor and putting what you would have toward investments that you can pay your bills will as the supplement.

They want your money.They do not care about you.

to supercute Jefferson, New York, United States #996212

We did have Aflac 11 years ago and they weird excellent . Upon diagnosis and biopsy . We were paid within weeks 6000 dollars

I have had a cancer policy with Mutual of Omaha since April of 2008.After reading some of the reviews here, I almost cancelled the policy.

I am so thankful that I did not cancel. My husband had s couple of skin cancers removed this Spring. I wrote to the company and they responded with the information that I needed to file a claim. We had a check in less than three weeks.

In October of 2013, he had more skin cancers removed and we had the same success in receiving payment from Mutual of Omaha.I highly recommend Mutual of Omaha Cancer Insurance.

Happy customer from Texas

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States #707479

I have Cancer policy that needs renewing and Now I'm going to cancel it.Geez..

You count on coverage like this and it's shameful that they don't pay out. Isn't this consumer fraud? There must be some regulating commission that could help with your issues. Well I guess it was too good to be true.

Call me a sucker..:(

Tucson, Arizona, United States #643905

I recieved this application today, I am sure glad I saw this website.I too am throwing it in the trash.

I have had such problems with Metlife paying on an injury several years ago, some of these companies are very disreputable.

Mutual of Omaha used to be a reputable company, don't know what happened.Buyer beware.