Harlan, Iowa
9.4K views

I have had a Mutual of Omaha Cancer Policy since 2005. In the past year and a half I have been diagnosed with breast cancer, first on one side and then 6 months later on the other side.

The cancer insurance I pay $200 for each year, only paid $800 total for the first side that included biopsies, lumpectomy, and radiation. Now I am onto my second round of radiation after having biopsies and a lumpectomy, mind you for the other breast, and they don't want to pay. As if having breast cancer is only supposed to happen to a person once. They have the worst customer service and won't explain anything.

I have had to submit all doctors statements and coded paperwork on 3 occasions. I would recommend that everyone steer clear of anything having to do with Mutual of Omaha insurance.

Comments

I recently received information re: this policy in the mail. It sounded too good to be true.

Now, I know it is! Thank you!

CONTACT A LAWYER NOW! GOD BLESS

Thank you all !!!! I just put application and check for 2 years in envelope and thought , ????

maybe I should check this out before mailing. Glad I did !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kingsland, Georgia, United States #1350538

I received an application and decided to move forward with Mutual of Omaha's Cancer Insurance - - - - until I read these reviews!!!! I just shredded the check and application.

Shame on MOO for deadbeat cancer insurance!!!

This is highly reprehensible. I will never buy a product from them in the future.

to marc #1391154

I agree. I have prostate cancer and was denied. F Mutual of Omaha tony

Chickamauga, Georgia, United States #1239513

I keep reading these post about then not paying and asking myself whats the problem... Unless you were diagnosed with cancer within the time frame allotted or already had cancer and didnt out that on the application, there is no reason they shoudnt pay and pay within 30 days, I worked with insurance for over 15 years and never seen this.

Well I did but we always instructed the client to take their paperwork totheir states Insurance Commissioner, HE is the last person they want to talk to. He.SHE will bust their chops. Im taking out the insurance My answers were clear and I didnt make any false statements in the application either. so the way I see it they will pay unless its listed under the policy provisions, like pre-existing clause, or I dont keep my premiums up.

What people tend to forget is that if you ever allow the policy to lapse then the 30 days, 2 years, 12 months etc waiting period starts all over. You are diagnosed when the policy is OOF and suddenly remember to pay it, they will probably not pay. Most policys have a 2 year elimination where if the policy is in full force with no lapse in coverage iits incontestable, meaning they pretty much have to pay no matter what, I had one several years back that excluded certain types of cancers. basically you had to be on your death bed to collect.

I dropped that policy. If anyone is havng issues I would be more than glad to help out free of charge.

Just get a copy of your policy black out your name and emai it to me and we can talk, This was what I did for over 15 years and I really enjoyed it. Much rather people walk out of my office with a smile and a check than wanting to shoot me from the parking lot before they left,..

to Mark6147 #1539650

Boy, I wish I would have saw this sooner. I got totally F..ed by them.

They have been taking payments out for the last 6 years from my checking acct. Ok, Guess what. Yes you are right,I got diagnosed with small cell lung cancer which is one of the worst cancers you can have because your not going to survive but maybe a year. The only thing they pd.

For is my biopsy,They wouldnt cover my pet scan, MRI, doctor's visits The only thing they will pay is 25.00 if I have to go in the hospital to get chemo which i dont, it's all outpatient! When I first inquired about this, they told me I would get 60.00 a day when I was diagnosed. I had to quit my job and I'm only 60.that is the reason I got it!! Basically because lung cancer runs in my family.

I would not suggest to anyone getting this! It is very misleading!

#1120446

Thanks for the heads up, was just about to mail it. I thank you for sharing. To the shredder with this application.

#1119547

You need to take all your paper work to a attorney and you will get paid

After reading this and all the other complaints about this company, I will not sign up for their cancer policy. I was just about to put it in the mail. Thanks for posting comments, I always check for them.

to Anonymous Ottawa, Ontario, Canada #1237415

Thanks, ditto!!

Having read enough about the crummy way in which Omaha has treated claimants, I will not pursue the "cáncer insurance".

Thank all of you for sharing your experiences.

I just received their application and $9.97/month premium is stated. I had early stage breast cancer 6 months ago and thought this might be a good supplemental insurance to have. After reading these (which I'm thankful I did), I will choose not to take out this coverage!

Monroe, Georgia, United States #872448

I also decided to take the cancer policy. After they cashed my checks for the premiums for 4 months I developed urine cancer.

Was notified yesterday that they will not pay and are sending my premiums back. Will never recommend them to anyone.

I have a cancer policy with All State but it is higher then this Mutual Of Omaha so I was thinking to change since the coverage was about the same. I am glad I read all the posts and will stick with what I have.

Waxahachie, Texas, United States #802789

I too, just received their application in the mail. Since cancer runs in the family, I decided it would be a good idea to buy it.

So glad I googled it and read all the negative comments! Thank you everybody!!!

I thought it was a good product until I started reading the posts. won't be renewing my policy.

hate that I'e already thrown money away. wish I wuld have know this sooner.

Iknow how you feel.My father had cancer coverage for many years.He passed in 2011 from cancer.I have sent in all the info they wanted,talked to them many times and emailed the head office many times.It is comeing up on 3 years and I still have not got any thing from them.Not even something saying that they were or were not going to pay up.Save you money don't but this stuff.

I just submitted my first claim for preventive care, a mammogram. $150.00 they paid $120.00 My policy said they will pay 100% of the preventive, that was not 100%.

I can deal with that, but know with all the problem everyone is having it makes me wonder if I need to go to AFLAC and Leave Mutual of Omaha. :?

to Sidney #787126

Don't do Aflac, same thing. I think people are better off finding a financial advisor and putting what you would have toward investments that you can pay your bills will as the supplement.

They want your money. They do not care about you.