Additional Fees
Insurance Plans Acceptance

I have anxiety disorder, major Depressive disorder that caused mental breakdown after suicide of our son.I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and told I can not lift or carry over 5 lbs.

I can sit or stand for more than 10 mins. I can't carry, push, pull, kneel. My Fibromyalgia is in Severe Status which causes severe memory loss and cognitive dysfunction. Fibromyalgia is a neurological disorder.

I spent all of the short term disability time. Paying for my own Medical Files to be sent; basically doing the job of the claim rep. Lono term is now under review and the Mutual of Omaha rep stated that Fibromyalgia is Never covered as their "medical staff", I use the term lightly, states their opinion of Fibromyalgia is thus, "they need a set schedule and they need to walk more." My Rhuematologist, the actual specialist, has offered multiple times to speak with medical staff to explain my condition. Nothing.

The Drs. Notes from my Psychiatrist which helped me get the short term - is now being asked to be typed by the Dr's office because can't read every word. This company uses fear tactics, long wait periods, blame game on Physicians, condescension, etc. to do whatever they can Not to pay any claims.

It is no wonder Consumer Affairs has a 1 out of 5 stars for disability. Mutual of Omaha wants to wear you down...if you give up they can close case that doesn't make them look like villain...I am disgusted at best by their lack of professionalism. I realize they are a for profit business.

For profit businesses can still have integrity.Mutual of Omaha does not seem to realize this in any capacity.

Review about: Mutual Of Omaha Long Term Disability Insurance.

Reason of review: Not as described.

Had an Experience with Mutual Of Omaha?

Comments

mutualofomaha_cs
Mutual Of Omaha Verified Representative

Thank you for posting this review.We would like to discuss this matter with you further.

Please send an email with your name, date of birth and policy number along with your phone number and the best time to reach you to customercare@mutualofomaha.com.We look forward to speaking with you.