Mutual Of Omaha Cancer Insurance Doesn't Pay

Issue not resolved
Mar 03, 2011
review #224884

I have had a Mutual of Omaha Cancer Policy since 2005.In the past year and a half I have been diagnosed with breast cancer, first on one side and then 6 months later on the other side.

The cancer insurance I pay $200 for each year, only paid $800 total for the first side that included biopsies, lumpectomy, and radiation. Now I am onto my second round of radiation after having biopsies and a lumpectomy, mind you for the other breast, and they don't want to pay. As if having breast cancer is only supposed to happen to a person once. They have the worst customer service and won't explain anything.

I have had to submit all doctors statements and coded paperwork on 3 occasions.I would recommend that everyone steer clear of anything having to do with Mutual of Omaha insurance.

c169c86
Had an experience with Mutual Of Omaha?  Submit review ›
Is this your company? Learn about our business solutions
sheron

Sep 19 Monroe, Georgia

I also decided to take the cancer policy. After they cashed my checks for the premiums for 4 months I developed urine cancer. Was notified yesterday that they will not pay and are sending my premiums back. Will never recommend them to anyone.

Beverly

Apr 16

I have a cancer policy with All State but it is higher then this Mutual Of Omaha so I was thinking to change since the coverage was about the same. I am glad I read all the posts and will stick with what I have.

Mary Engel

Apr 07 Waxahachie, Texas

I too, just received their application in the mail. Since cancer runs in the family, I decided it would be a good idea to buy it. So glad I googled it and read all the negative comments! Thank you everybody!!!

Mar 28

I thought it was a good product until I started reading the posts. won't be renewing my policy. hate that I'e already thrown money away. wish I wuld have know this sooner.

Dave

Feb 09

Iknow how you feel.My father had cancer coverage for many years.He passed in 2011 from cancer.I have sent in all the info they wanted,talked to them many times and emailed the head office many times.It is comeing up on 3 years and I still have not got any thing from them.Not even something saying that they were or were not going to pay up.Save you money don't but this stuff.

1 0 Reply
Sidney

Jan 24

I just submitted my first claim for preventive care, a mammogram. $150.00 they paid $120.00 My policy said they will pay 100% of the preventive, that was not 100%. I can deal with that, but know with all the problem everyone is having it makes me wonder if I need to go to AFLAC and Leave Mutual of Omaha. :?

supercute

Feb 20

Don't do Aflac, same thing. I think people are better off finding a financial advisor and putting what you would have toward investments that you can pay your bills will as the supplement. They want your money. They do not care about you.

Happy Customer

Dec 22, 2013

I have had a cancer policy with Mutual of Omaha since April of 2008. After reading some of the reviews here, I almost cancelled the policy. I am so thankful that I did not cancel. My husband had s couple of skin cancers removed this Spring. I wrote to the company and they responded with the information that I needed to file a claim. We had a check in less than three weeks. In October of 2013, he had more skin cancers removed and we had the same success in receiving payment from Mutual of Omaha. I highly recommend Mutual of Omaha Cancer Insurance.

Happy customer from Texas

1 0 Reply
Dt

Aug 27, 2013 Albuquerque, New Mexico

I have Cancer policy that needs renewing and Now I'm going to cancel it. Geez.. You count on coverage like this and it's shameful that they don't pay out. Isn't this consumer fraud? There must be some regulating commission that could help with your issues. Well I guess it was too good to be true. Call me a sucker.. :(

waldojj

Apr 30, 2013 Tucson, Arizona

I recieved this application today, I am sure glad I saw this website. I too am throwing it in the trash. I have had such problems with Metlife paying on an injury several years ago, some of these companies are very disreputable. Mutual of Omaha used to be a reputable company, don't know what happened. Buyer beware.

msh

Apr 11, 2013 Overland Park, Kansas

Like many of you, after reading the posts, I've decided not to enroll. Thanks for saving me from throwing my money away.

reeree

Mar 15, 2013 Shreveport, Louisiana

I'm about to file a claim now. Got on the phone quickly with a rep today and hope I get paid what she and my policy say I will. We'll see.

cstarsc

Mar 08, 2013 Saint Louis, Missouri

The application I received for cancer insurance was for policy CL10. Is this the same as what some of you have? I see some have stated it was called the "John Wayne" policy. Does anyone know if these are the same policies?

imsquirley

Feb 09, 2013 Washington, District Of Columbia

I am cancelling now. Too many of you are unhappy, now we can all be happy. I've wasted about 2 yrs payments. No more from me. Thanks to all of you.

hendersondf

Jan 27, 2013 Dayton, Ohio

Thannk you all for your comments. I was getting ready to complete my application for Cancer Coverage but now will not. For those you you who have had poor service from this company I would like to recommend that you seek assistance from your state Board of Insuracne. That is wat they are there for. I would also recommend that you report any problems to you state Attorney General's Office. Both agencies will investigate complaints on your behalf. Their services are free of charge. This will usually "fix" past and future problems. Good Luck everyone!

Marcilene Hommel

Oct 29, 2012

I received a cancer policy offer in August and just found it. I am so glad that I came across this website, I was going to fill it out and send it in. So thanks so much for the information on this.

Nancy

Oct 28, 2012

Thank you so much for all of your comments. I almost signed up but will not be doing so now!

mec

Sep 14, 2012

I was diagnosed with cancer in Sept.10,2010 and had purchased a cancer policy in Feb. of that same year and paid direct payments each month. I had to send info over and over and talked on phone until I was blue with them. I got the add in mail and decided it was a good buy, but later they found every excuse not to pay. I emailed Mutual of Omaha that I felt as if I had been involved in a scam, gave policy number, claims person's name and got a check in the mail but it was not what the policy said it would be if you got one of their cancers listed and mine is. Policy also said will pay for one check up every 6 months and I have had to have them but then fight with M.O.O. to get a very small check in the mail. Believe me I have paid out to them more than they have been willing to spend. I regret doing business with them. I will suggest contacting M.O.O. online through their their email complaint form and that seems to get action! Though not what they promised in the policy contract!

Judy Brooks

Sep 11, 2012

Thank you everyone for all the responses. I am so glad I went on this website. I have had this policy for several yrs. & was hesitant to continue it. Like you said the constumer service was bad on the phone & it was impossible to get info online. So I thought I would check into the policy. Wow. I will never give them a penny of my money again.

Karen

Sep 01, 2012

I also received an offer in the mail. Thanks for your feedback. I will be ripping it up.

1-20 of 40 comments

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.